Organised by: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Dates: October 16th – November 13th, 2020
You can watch back the entire event: YouTube
This Master course includes 5 webinars, and aims to present initial reflections and guidelines regarding new heritage approaches and disseminate the debate about heritage conventions.
1) World Heritage Convention: from current concepts and criteria to new interpretive possibilities;
2) Management of the dynamics and transformation of the urban landscape: monitoring, intervention and financing instruments;
3) Evaluation criteria: exceptional universal value versus local identity value in the light of the inclusion of gender, race, ethnicity and income;
4) Articulation strategies: between natural, cultural and mixed heritage and between material and immaterial heritage; and
5) Heritage education as an instrument of access to citizenship and democratization of heritage.